It becomes so dark in the afternoon and makes me feel like time for the shops to close and time to go home…I end up having plenty of time in the evening reading cookbooks, baking, enjoying my tea and updating my blog :-O
I was looking at some cookbooks, I wanted to make (have) some cheesecake 🙂 as i have all ingredients ready at home.
I was making some rose and jasmine buds tea, I thought I could add some dried flower tea buds for presentation, they look so pretty ❤❤
For the crust
160g crusted digestive biscuits or oats cookies (I used Hob Nob Cookies)
45g melted butter
15g maple syrup
For the cheesecake filling
150g butter melted, plus extra to grease the tin
750g low-fat cream cheese
4 large eggs
3 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
8-inch baking tin
1. Grease the baking tin with butter.
2. Mix the crusted cookies/biscuits with the melted butter and maple syrup.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin and frost for 5 minutes in the freezer.
4. Preheat oven to 210C.
5. Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
6. Add eggs, melted sugar gradually, sift and stir in the flour.
7. Mix in the vanilla bean paste until well incorporated.
8. Pour the mixture into the tin, bake at 210C for 35-40 mins until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes and come out clean.
9. Leave them on wire rack to cool.
10. Chill for 3 hours minimum before serving.