London has been quite gloomy and wet, someone passed a cold to me last week and was busy going out to events, drinks, mid-autumn festival celebrates 😛 I didnt have much chance to bake/cook 🙁 this week I have been catching up with my oven 😛 and was thinking of pudding and custard :-d
This siken soft baked egg custard is such a comfort food that makes everyone so happy!
Baked Egg Custard Pudding 香滑燉蛋
makes 6 portions
175 ml double cream
115 ml milk
225 ml water
5 large egg yolks
a pinch of salt
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Boil milk and water in a saucepan and remove from heat.
2. Beat egg yolks with with sugar, salt and vanilla.
3. Gradually add hot milk to eggs, stir constantly.
4. Pour into 6 custard cups or ramekin and set in a pan of hot water.
5. Bake at 170°C for 1 hour, or until tip of skewer comes out clean when inserted into custard.
6. Serve warm or cold.