New school year starts when September starts. It was a very joyful summer, especially I made a few new good friends, Simon is one and actually my first friend from Dubai, who is a pianist (and a awesome photographer 😛 ), spent almost 1.5 months of his summer holiday in the UK and travelling around in Europe, we went to Sardinia together with a group of friends, we have had so much fun and laughter. Summer holiday finally came to an end, he is flying back home tonight, I wanted to make him a leaving little present – moist banana cake loaf would be nice to have on the plane : ) this banana cake also created a very drooling bakery-scent throughout my whole place, best to serve hot when it is still crispy on the top!
Banana Cake Loaf
270g soft light brown sugar
250g peeled bananas, mashed
280g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
140g unsalted butter, melted
1 bananna, sliced for decoration (optional)
A 23 x 13-cm loaf tin, greased and dusted with flour
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/325F.
2. Whisk the sugar and eggs with a electric mixer until well incorporated. Beat in the mashed bananas.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg to the sugar mixture. Mix it thoroughly until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Beat in the melted butter.
4. Pour the mixture into the geased loaf tin and smooth over with a palette knife. Line the sliced banana on the top. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Leave it cool slightly in the tin before taking it out and serve it warm.