I bought a melon baller and was playing with it, the melon balls look so cute, so I made some easy fruit tarts with them x
For the Puff Pastry Tart
1 ready rolled out puff sheet
1 tablespoon icing sugar to dust
For the Cream Filling
200g double/whipping cream
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Garnish
100g melted milk/dark chocolate
Berries, melon, peaches and fruits of your choice
8 inch tart pan or 8 small tart tins
Puff Pastry Tart
1. Roll out the puff pastry to fit an 8 inch tart pan and gently press the pastry into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan.
2. Prick the bottom of the pastry with the tines of a fork. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 200’C. Dust the puff pastry with a thin layer of icing sugar.
4. Bake the tart in the center of the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180’C and continue to bake the tart case for a further 5-10 minutes, or until the shell is golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool with the tart pan.
1. In a large bowl, whisk the whipping cream with the sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and whisk until soft peaks forms.
2. Just before serving, spread a thin layer of the milk/dark chocolate in the tart case, refrigerate for 5 mins.
3. Spoon the cream on the tart case and top with fresh berries or cut up fruit. Serve immediately.